LimeBound UV Stable Resin Bound System is a resin bound aggregate surface for pedestrian and vehicular traffic which is permeable (SuDS compliant), decorative and functional, seamless and slightly flexible. The open matrix allows water to drain through to the base, eliminating water ponding and allowing water to drain to planted areas or land drains. The surfacing may be applied to SuDS compliant bases and sub-bases, reducing the impact of urban development on flood risk and allowing water to flow into water courses. Edgings created from brick, stone, timber or steel should be installed to retain and protect the resin bound surfacing. LimeBound UV Stable Resin Bound System is a two component mixture of the highest grade Aliphatic and latest technology ingredients which binds a range of selected decorative kiln-dried aggregates.
LimeBOUND UV Stable Resin Bound System provides an attractive porous surface which is strong enough for foot and light vehicle traffic up to 7.5 tonnes.
Technical performance standards
- Compressive and flexural strength testing to BS EN 13892-2
- QUV weathering chamber testing to BS EN ISO 16474-3 method A
- Slip Resistance testing to BS 8204-6:2008+A1:2010 Appendix B
- Application to concrete, asphalt concrete conforming to EN 13108-1 and hot rolled asphalt conforming to EN 13108-4.
Resin & aggregate
LimeBound Resin Bound Surfacing Resin is UV resistant resin and will not yellow on exposure to UV light. This is a more attractive option than some other types of resin which can yellow and dramatically alter the appearance of the finished surface. The resin is formulated using aliphatic HDI which will not deteriorate or become brittle when exposed to UV light when tested to BS EN ISO 16474-3 method A The performance and appearance of the finished surface is dependent on the aggregate used (see LimeGate Solutions LimeBound mix blend swatch sheet for colour options). The LimeBound Resin Bound Surfacing Aggregate blends have been designed to achieve strength, resilience, porosity and decoration.
Natural aggregates may contain small amounts of iron which can produce rust staining when exposed to air and water; standard LimeBound Resin Bound Surfacing blends contain aggregates selected for infrequency of incidence of staining but iron may be present in any natural aggregate. The presence of iron cannot be identified before use and Limegate Solutions cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage suffered as a result of staining.
Features and benefits
- UV stable will not discolor or Degrade
- Tested to slip resistant BS 8204-6
- SuDS compliant permeable paving 850 liters/m²/minute
- Natural & Recycled aggregate available
- 15mm depth install Paths and Drive on / Drive off Driveways
- 18mm depth install Turning Driveways / Car Parks up to 7.5 tonne
- All aggregates selected to reduce chances of rust appearing
- Optimised ratio of resin to aggregate mix blends in line with industry standards (7%)
- Foot traffic after 14-15 hours @ 20°c
- Manufactured to ISO 9001
- Made in UK
LimeBound Resin Bound Surfacing is a specialist product and must only be applied by specialist applicators. Do not apply or allow it to be applied by contractors who do not possess the necessary experience.
Product: LimeBound Resin Bound Surfacing
Thickness: 15mm/18mm (dependant on required usage)
Aggregate: (select mix blend as required)
454 Eden House
New Hythe Lane
Tel: 01959 546 208
Want to know more?
If there’s anything you’d like to know about our services, get in touch and ask us. We’re always happy to answer any questions.