LimeTreePit Rubber & Mulch is a more flexible alternative to traditional tree pits. Providing an environmentally friendly system using recycled EPDM, SBR & Rubber Mulch which is bound together to create a decorative, safe & low maintenance system which is SuDS (Sustainable Drainage Systems) compliant. Ideal for both for new and established trees used in parks and street schemes the system allows the tree to grow through the flexibility of the surface. LimeTreePit Rubber is ideal for pedestrian and low vehicular traffic whilst still keeping the system decorative, functional, seamless and slightly flexible which is also low maintenance. LimeTreePit Rubber & Mulch Surfacing is a system consisting of either rubber EPDM granules installed over SBR rubber granules or a fully rubber mulch system. Both options using a quality non-UV aromatic binder resin for pedestrian traffic. Available in a variety of colours both from the standard range and bespoke designs on request.
- Maintains surface colour during wear
- SuDS provides excellent drainage (EPDM Graded to 1.0 — 4.0mm)
- High elasticity and wear resistance (Elongation at Break ≥ 650 %Tensile Strength > 6.0 Mpa)
- Low density for excellent coverage (1.60 ± 0.05 g/cm³)
- Minimum EPDM content > 20%Non toxic
- Binder Single component & Solvent free
Resin & aggregate
LimeTreePit Rubber & Mulch use a non UV polyurethane binder as used on playground surfaces and is designed specifically for bonding rubber granules and mulch. The rubber binder is a single component, moisture curing, medium viscosity polyurethane binder. The rubber EPDM layer as a topping/wearing course is installed at 15mm onto a suitable 25mm SBR shock pad/base (40mm Total). The Rubber Mulch is installed at 40mm. Coloured EPDM granules are made from a compound of EPDM rubber, specialist pigment and UV stabilisers. The LimeRubber SBR shock pad/base is a recycled tyre granulate suitable for base layer applications. The rubber mulch/bark is processed to remove steel, fibre and dust to produce a clean high quality rubber granulate.
Features and benefits
- High quality polyurethane binder/resin
- Optimised ratio resin to rubber blend for optimum performance
- Absorbent SuDS compliant system to drain surface water
- 40mm depth for optimum performance
- Multiple standard colours and bespoke designs available
- Recycled for Environmental benefits
- Flexible and strong
- Low maintenance
- Members of FeRFA—The association for the Resin Bound Technical Committee
- No additional cacogenic catalyst handling required on site
- Approved contractors available for installation.
LimeTreePit Rubber & Mulch contractors
LimeTreePit Rubber & Mulch is a specialist product and must only be applied by specialist applicators.
Do not apply or allow it to be applied by contractors who do not possess the necessary experience.
Product: LimeTreePit Rubber & Mulch
EPDM thickness: 15mm installed onto SBR thickness: min 25mm (Total min 40mm) OR Mulch thickness: min 40mm
EPDM colour: (select colour as required) OR Mulch colour: (select colour as required
454 Eden House
New Hythe Lane
Tel: 01959 546 208
Want to know more?
If there’s anything you’d like to know about our services, get in touch and ask us. We’re always happy to answer any questions.